Sunday, April 6, 2014

An ooh la la weekend . . .






 
 
 
 
It was a busy weekend, but a fun filled one.  We did some work in the yard - set some fence posts - and started getting things in order.  We took Charlotte to pick out flowers and vegetables - then to lunch . . . followed by frozen yogurt.  I think we have more fun than she does when we are out an about. 
I have been making Richard a variety of smoothies lately . . . this mango/peach one he says was the best so far . . . (I simply like the glass.)  We have a couple of early sunflowers blooming . . . Luke had thrown some seeds in the ground awhile back - so we get to enjoy them now as well as this summer.  I bought plenty of seeds to start more - I can never have too many sunflowers . . . I will have Charlotte help me plant those next weekend.  She loves digging in the dirt.  I have to keep an eye on her or she will dig out the plants we just put in . . . she carries the pots around, throws dirt everywhere, and overall has a great time.  Today I found a little watering can for her . . . so maybe she will get the idea to water the plants instead of dig them up.  Once again . . . enjoying something simple through the eyes of a child . . . it makes it that much more fun.
 
I love that tennis "hot shot" in the last photo.   : )
 
"If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom." ~Terri Guillemets

No comments:

Post a Comment