Thursday, March 19, 2015

Easter Eggs . . . and lavender

 I had plans to go home last night and get out some plastic Easter eggs, paint, glitter, and modpodge and have some fun with eggs.  Richard and I ended up out on the patio playing a game of cribbage . . . I folded a few paper cranes and wrote a couple of letters . . . I still had the egg plan . . . then Charlotte joined us . . . and we had to have "chips and dip" . . . and then Charlotte and I walked to the mailbox, took some selfies, played some games . . . Grandpa made some sandwiches . . . we watched a little bit of Practical Magic, and before you know it - not enough time for decorating eggs - so maybe tonight.  So my photo challenge picture for yesterday - 3/18 . . . "Easter Eggs" is a photo of some eggs that I painted years ago with Jennifer and Sarah.  I think we painted eggs and flower pots for three days that time and that has to have been nearly 20 years ago.  
My lavender is looking beautiful . . . I think I am going to have to plant some more.

“There are some things, after all, that Sally Owens knows for certain: Always throw spilled salt over your left shoulder. Keep rosemary by your garden gate. Add pepper to your mashed potatoes. Plant roses and lavender, for luck. Fall in love whenever you can.” 
― Alice HoffmanPractical Magic

No comments:

Post a Comment