Wednesday, April 22, 2015

just because I want to post something . . .

I love those random memories that make me smile 
no matter what is going on in my life.
My coffee mug for today . . . 
I decided while getting rid of things that I really don't need or want anymore . . . that I did need to keep and use this coffee mug .  I remember having a lot of fun on that trip . . . although if I remember right it rained most of the week we were in Colorado (camping in the rain is always interesting), we found out that Elvis passed away (we were actually sitting in the car while it was raining when we heard the news), and my boyfriend's brother did get us into a slight fender bender.  At first I thought this was from one of the DCI competitions we competed in, but realized it couldn't have been.
1977 . . . what were you doing?
I mentioned in a previous post that Charlotte and I planted sunflower seeds . . . no they were not magic seeds and did not grow this fast.  I have this one lone sunflower that started coming up in the middle of one of my raised flower beds . . . I can't wait to see it bloom!

"The sunflower is mine in a way."
~ Vincent van Gogh

1 comment:

  1. August 1977 - getting ready for our September wedding. I remember the bar we were in after a softball game listening to the news of Elvis' death.

    ReplyDelete