Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Today . . . 8.11.15


I picked up a Day of the Dead votive candle today . . . and decided that I had painted on my skull enough to call it good.  I added a few rhinestone stickers and can't wait to decorate with it this October.  I picked up the candle holder at Pier1 this afternoon.  My friend had been in there and was anxious to tell me that they had their Fall/Halloween decorations out.  I hate that they rush holidays so.  Halloween decorations are my favorite, but I truly think August is way to early to have items on display.  Even worse . . .  there were Halloween decorations on display at Michael's in July.  Don't even get me going about Christmas.  I understand why they do this . . . but I do not have to like it.  I do like my new candle holder and my skull . . . and a few other things that I bought today . . . but I think I will wait until October to post about those.

This is my first week back at work after Summer Break.  I don't always look forward to going back  to work (which I believe is completely normal), but it also is always exciting to go back.  It doesn't matter that I am an adult . . . there is nothing like the first day of school . . . or the first day of Summer vacation.  I can't enjoy that first day of Summer vacation until we start all over again . . . . . 

I am busy, and a little tired, and motivated, and irritated, and regretting just a little bit not doing more work while I was off this summer, BUT . . .
  •  I love being busy.  I actually function best when I am facing deadlines and working in chaos. 
  • I have a husband who nags me to get enough rest when I get over tired.  I listen a little more than I used to.
  •  The motivation just carries over into everything I do, whether I am at work or at home.  Who knows . . . I may paint my bathroom the week that school starts.  
  • Irritated . . . yes, but that never lasts long with me . . . and it takes a whole lot to really bother me. 
  • Regret . . . not even worth it.  I can't change yesterday.  
For Today . . .
Outside my window . . . dark and still very warm
I am thinking . . . that today has been a great day.
I am thankful for . . . a husband who nags me to take care of myself - If only I would listen.
From the kitchen . . . rice bowls with pineapple chicken.  
I am wearing . . . cut off sweats and a cami
I am creating . . . the Day of the Dead skull that I just finished . . . and lots of art journal pages.
I am going . . . to stay up way to late tonight - I can already tell.
I am reading . . . Paper Cranes, by Cheryl Koenigs
I am hoping . . . that my wrist feels better soon.  I injured it about a week ago.  It actually feels worse even though I have been icing it regularly and keeping it braced.  
I am hearing . . . Dean Martin
Around the house . . . sleeping cat, shopping bags filled with Halloween decorations, candles & incense, a big pot of decaf coffee.
One of my favorite things . . . a small metal hanging sculpture I bought in Cambri (A heart with wings).  I need to take a picture of that.
A few plans for the rest of the week . . . work, work, and more work
From my picture journal . . .







 PEACE!

1 comment:

  1. I agree - things go by so quickly and promoting them so early doesn't help. We had our first pumpkin ice cream already though and it was delicious. I do look forward to fall, but I know I will miss the pace of summer.

    ReplyDelete